Abstract submission is NOW OPEN! Read guidelines below and submit here.
If you wish to have your abstract considered for an ORAL presentation, the deadline has been extended to Saturday 7 April, 2018.
If you wish for your abstract to be considered for a POSTER, the deadline remains 20 June 2018.
|Fall, 2017||Early-bird registration opened|
|Closed||ORAL Presentation Abstract Submission|
|Closed||Early Bird Registration|
|April 28, 2018||Notification of Oral Presentation Abstract acceptance|
|June 20, 2018||POSTER Abstract deadline|
|August 5-9, 2018||ISPP 2018|
Guidelines for Abstracts
- Abstracts may only be submitted online, and must be in English.
- The presenting/ corresponding author of an accepted abstract must register and attend the symposium. Poster presenters must be present and stand by their posters during their assigned poster sessions.
- The title may not exceed 150 characters including spaces. The abstract text and references may not be longer than 2000 characters including spaces.
- Tables, figures or other graphics may not be included.
- Authors should indicate their presentation preference:
◦ poster presentation only
◦ oral or poster presentation
- Completion of the abstract template is required for submission. Download the template here.
- Sample abstract is available here.
- A selected number of abstracts will be chosen by the Local Organizing Committee (LOC) for optional oral presentation, but “Poster only” indicates that your abstract will not be considered for oral presentation.
- Please state your e-mail address. After having submitted your abstract, you will receive a confirmation by e-mail. If you do not receive a confirmation by e-mail please contact email@example.com
- Corrections to an abstract already submitted will be considered on an extremely limited, case-by-case basis. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your rationale and correction for consideration.
- The authors agree that accepted abstracts may be published on the ISPP 2018 website, as well as in the printed conference book.
The LOC will attempt to notify the corresponding author via email of acceptance of abstract for oral presentation by April 28, 2018. Full instructions concerning preparation and presentation of posters will be included.
If you have any questions about abstracts, please email email@example.com
Please continue to reference this website for updated guidelines and instructions.
Authors should set up their posters prior to the start of their poster session and keep them up for the duration of the meeting.
- Presenters should be at their poster boards for their assigned session.
- Travel awardees must present their abstracts in poster presentations (or oral) to be considered for an award.
The poster maximal dimensions are 3’9” high and 3’9” wide (114 x 114 cm). If possible, prepare a 6” (15 cm) high headline strip that runs the full width of the poster. Include the title, authors, and affiliations on the strip in letters not less than 1” (2.5 cm) high. Be sure to adhere to these dimensions as you will not be permitted to extend into another presenter’s space.
Posters should be legible at a distance of five feet.
Please use the attached image as a guide for poster layout.
- Phylogeny, Taxonomy and Evolution
- Environment and Ecology
- Physiology, Metabolism and Sensory Transduction
- Bioenergetics, Natural and Artificial Photosynthesis
- Biotechnology and Synthetic Biology
A selected number of abstracts will be accepted for oral presentation based on their scientific merits and on their relation to the topics addressed in the scientific programme. We therefore encourage submissions on the main topics covered in the scientific programme (authors to indicate their ideal preference, but again the Scientific Programme Committee reserves the right to decide on the final allocation of abstract submissions within the topics).
The Canadian Society of Microbiologists is pleased to support the career development of trainees with two awards. One Oral and one Poster presentation will be awarded $250 CDN each by the CSM committee at ISPP 2018.
We encourage all microbiologists to join CSM, especially those trainees (students, postdoctoral fellows and young investigators), wishing to be considered for a CSM Travel Award. Please ensure your membership is active as it is an eligibility criteria. Student memberships are only $30/year. Please follow this link.
Photosynthesis Research is pleased to support the career development of trainees with four book awards. These books will be awarded during ISPP 2018.
The International Society of Photosynthesis Research is pleased to support the participation of trainees with ISPP 2018 Vancouver. Travel Award assistance will be awarded by the ISPR committee at ISPP 2018.
If you are interested in supporting travel or presentation awards at ISPP 2018, please contact ISPP2018Van@gmail.com. All levels of sponsorship for trainees awards are greatly appreciated.